Service desks staffed by Conference Assistants are located either within your residence hall or a centrally located hall within your conference area. Services available through these desks include campus maps, information directories, message service, emergency keys, towels, bar soap, irons, limited supply of hangers, alarm clocks, maintenance, & custodial assistance.
Desk Hours and Numbers
|Location||Hours||Phone Number||Halls & Buildings|
|Segundo Conference Desk
|7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.||530-752-2900||Alder Hall, Thompson Hall, Miller Hall, Bixby Hall, Gilmore Hall, Malcolm Hall, Ryerson Hall, Regan Hall (Campo, Indio, Nova, Paloma, Rienda, Sereno, Talara)|
|Tercero Conference Desk
|7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.||530-752-1832||Campbell Hall, Kearney Hall, Laben Hall, Potter Hall, Wall Hall, Hawthorne Hall, Live Oak Hall, Currant Hall, Mahogany Hall, Sequoia Hall, Scrub Oak Hall, Pine Hall, Olive Hall, Cottonwood Hall, Madrone Hall, Redwood Hall|
|Cuarto Conference Desk
|7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.||530-752-7986||Yosemite Hall and Tahoe Hall|
|On-Call Desk||11:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.||530-752-2900||All Buildings|
For assistance after Hours, please call 530-752-2900.
Messages & Telephones
- Messages for conference guests can be left at service desks
- Conference staff will make every effort to contact either you or your conference director in the event of an emergency
Parking and Transportation
- Weekday parking on campus is by permit only from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.; after 5pm, parking is free
- Weekend parking on campus is free, except during special events
- Daily parking permits can be purchased at vending machines near the entrance of visitor parking lots
- Parking without a permit or in areas not designated on your permit may result in fines
- Service desk staff can arrange taxi or airport shuttle service for guests
- Campus maps are available at your area service desk
For more information about parking on campus, please contact or visit Transportation and Parking Services.
Emergency Phone Numbers
- 911 - all emergencies
- 530-752-1727 - Police
- 530-752-1236 - Fire
- Mail is available each weekday, 8am-5pm, for pickup by the guest
- Mail pickup is unavailable on the weekends
Mail should be addressed as follows:
Conference Name & Housing Location
1049 La Rue Road
Davis, CA 95616-5208
For the safety of our guests, buildings are locked at all times. Your key card is required to enter your building and room. Should you misplace either your key card, desk staff can provide you with temporary access; some form of collateral and identification are required.
A charge will be assessed for any lost keys cards ($25) unreturned by check out.
During Your Stay
- Linen can be exchanged at conference desks as provided by accommodation agreements
- Card operated washers and dryers are located within each residence hall
- A limited number of irons are available to check out from the conference desk
- Guests are responsible for maintaining room or suite. Vacuum and cleaning supplies can be checked out at the area conference desk
- Custodial services are provided in public areas
- Dispose of excess mess in room or suite
- Return furniture to original position
- Check out at 12pm Noon to avoid late check-out fees
- Upon check out visit the area conference desk to return keys
- Report any damages or lost keys before or at time of check-out
We encourage conference groups to plan recreational activities for their guests. In addition to sports equipment available through the service desks, the university offers many excellent recreational facilities, including a climbing wall, tennis courts, putting green, batting cage, outdoor track, equestrian center, and outdoor adventure activities.
UC Davis operates an indoor sports center, the Activities and Recreation Center (ARC), Games Area and Gunrock Gaming. The ARC features an indoor track, weight lifting and aerobic exercise equipment, basketball courts, an indoor soccer field, badminton courts, a climbing wall, gymnastics equipment, aerobic classes, and handball, squash, and racquetball courts. And our summer guests may be interested in the Rec Pool, which boasts the largest free-form swimming pool on the west coast, with lap lanes. Facilities include a bathhouse with showers, all surrounded by a large shaded grassy area. Plan ahead for a discount; some of these facilities require the advanced purchase of a Summer Leisure Pass Guidelines or some other form of payment.
Guest Safety & Conduct
Guests staying in the halls are expected to abide by all University and Residence Hall Regulations. Refer to the University and Residence Hall Regulations page for more information.
Residence halls are protected by an excellent fire detection and response system. Each room is equipped with fire detection equipment which, when triggered, initiates full and immediate response from UC Davis Fire Department, which also supports a HazMat unit and EMS technicians. Because of the sensitivity of this equipment, electric cooking appliances are prohibited in all halls. Guests found to have tampered with fire safety equipment will be charged $300.
Upon checking into your room, please familiarize yourself with available exits and placement of fire alarm pull boxes. If you discover a fire, pull the alarm and immediately leave the building through the nearest exit; do not use elevators in the event of an emergency.